Download our service standards
Serious about law, serious about service, serious about you.
Farnfields at a glance
- Our Vision is to be the leading legal practice for individuals, families, businesses and communities across North Dorset, West Wiltshire and
- Farnfields Solicitors is a very well-established law firm providing a comprehensive range of services for business and individual clients
- Our specialist legal advisors provide help to both individuals and businesses across a wide range of legal services
- Farnfields is LEXCEL and CQS accredited and several of our solicitors are members of STEP and Solicitors for the Elderly
- Farnfields has three offices in Gillingham, Shaftesbury and Warminster
- We have been in existence for over 80 years and have a team of over 100 people, including ten partners
- We strongly believe in supporting the communities in which we work including; sponsorship of North Dorset Rugby Club based in Gillingham, TLW Dance in Shaftesbury, The Exchange in Sturminster Newton and Shaftesbury Youth Cricket Club are just some of the organisations that we have supported for several years.
Learn more about us
Farnfields Solicitors was started by William (Bill) Farnfield in 1936. He practised in Mere and Gillingham. In 1940 he purchased the firm of Freame, Light and Wyld in Gillingham and in the same year bought the current Gillingham office in The Square. Bill practised there until his retirement in 1976. Gervase Henry Nicholls joined Bill Farnfield at Gillingham in 1946. He became his partner in 1947 and the firm of Farnfields & Nicholls took over the practice of Ponting & Marshall at Warminster. The Warminster office was purchased in 1958. Gervase Nicholls retired in 1986.
The firm has gone through several changes since then including, a rebrand in 2014 when it was renamed Farnfields, but what does remain true is the firm’s commitment to providing good quality legal services to local people.