Alaina joined Farnfields in 2017, dealing primarily with Agricultural Property. In addition to a BSc (hons) in Rural Land Management, Alaina is an agricultural solicitor with a Graduate Diploma in Law, Legal Practice Course and a Diploma in Commercial Property. She is a member of the Law Society and the Agricultural Law Association.
Alaina specialises in:
- The Sale and Purchases of farms, woodlands, fishing rights, estates and bare land
- Farm Business Tenancies – preparing and advising on Farm Business Tenancy Agreements
- Grazing Agreements and bespoke Land Agreements – preparation and advising on Grazing Agreements, Profit a Prendre and bespoke Occupancy Agreements such as Licences and Tenancies
- Finance Work – dealing with Mortgages, Remortgages, Guarantees and Bridging Finance
- Land Registry Applications – specifically dealing with Prescriptive Right, Adverse Possession and First Registration Applications
Some recent examples of her work include:
- The purchase of a large area of woodland in the south-west with complex Access Issues and Common Rights
- The purchase of Land at Auction with complex Overage and Transfer Provisions
- The Sale and Leaseback of part of a farm involving a Farm Business Tenancy, Organic Stewardship Agreement and Basic Payment Entitlements
Read Alaina’s latest article ‘Helping you to avoid a stinky fine’ if
Alaina’s interests include horse riding, spending time with family and being outdoors. If seeking support from an agricultural solicitor please do get in touch.
Thank you for your help and perseverance with renewing the Farm Tenancy Agreement, really the best experience I have ever had on this front.