Chris joined Farnfields in 1993 and has over 25 years of experience in dealing with the property matters below. He is an Affiliate Member of CILEx (The Chartered Institute of Legal Executives).
Chris specialises in:
- Freehold Sale and Purchases
- Leasehold Sale and Purchases
- Acquisition of Development Sites
- Sale of New Build Properties
- Option and Pre-emption Agreements
- Planning Agreements
- Sales by Auction
Some recent examples of his work include:
- Purchase of a development site and associated work which will lead to a number of plot sales.
- Completion of a Deed of Easement for a commercial client including negotiating various terms.
- Successful claim to the Land Registry’s Indemnity Fund for costs and expenses as a result of a deed missing from the registered title which was preventing our clients being able to sell their property.
- Completion of a number of Lease Variations to amend prohibitive ground rents.
Chris is a member of the Residential Property Department which is headed up by Clare Gundry who has overall responsibility for the work of the department. If seeking a Commercial Property Lawyer please get in touch with the team.
In his spare time, Chris takes part in Field Archery, competing in tournaments throughout the Country and in World and European events, having won many titles. He is also a supporter of Arsenal Football Club and Somerset County Cricket Club.
Chris Pleasants at Farnfields did the conveyancing for my property when I bought it over a decade ago and more recently when I sold it. I can highly recommend Chris and his team at Farnfields. Chris’s experience and problem-solving skills were invaluable, and I was grateful for his calm guidance throughout the process. I found it easy to communicate with Chris and felt fully supported by him and his team.