Matt joined Farnfields Residential Property Department in Warminster in 2017 and has over 6 years of experience of dealing with the property matters listed below. Matt studied Law at Cardiff University and completed his Legal Practice Course at the University of West of England. He specialises in:
- Sales – dealing with low-value to high-value, Freehold and Leasehold sales including complex multi-title sales
- Purchases – dealing with low to very high-value property sales (£3.8M) Purchases including a wide variety of Freehold/Leasehold and Listed buildings
- Remortgages – dealing with low to high-value Re-Mortgages including tying them into Purchases
- New Build Property – dealing with a wide variety of new build Purchases in developments all over the country, including in London (Battersea Power Station), this includes Leasehold, Freehold and Help to Buy.
- Right to Buy – experienced in dealing with Council Right to Buy Purchases for secured tenants
- Lease Extensions
Some recent examples of Matt’s work include:
- High-Value Purchase – last year Matt acted for a client who purchased for £3.8M
- New Build – Matt recently acted for a client who had a Leasehold, New Build Purchase using a Help to Buy Scheme with a 28-day deadline
- Lease Extension – recently acting for a client who extended his Lease in London for a £5m penthouse property
Matt is a member of the Frome Bright Networking Group – a breakfast group for businesses in and around Frome looking to grow their client base.
The Residential Property Department is headed up by Clare Gundry who has overall responsibility for the work of the department. If you seek a high-value property Solicitor please do get in touch with the team.
In his spare time, Matt enjoys playing rugby for Warminster RFC and has been 1st Team Captain on a couple of occasions. He also very much enjoys watching cricket and football. Matt also loves festivals and has been to Glastonbury and Reading Festival every year since 2011!
Matthew Dunford supported me in buying my first house. I started this transaction at the beginning of COVID 19 lockdown. Whilst it probably wasn’t the best time to be buying a house, the service from the solicitors did not appear to be impacted by this at all. Emails were responded to in a speedy manner, there were no delays in the process and I was kept updated throughout. I haven’t had to chase them for anything, as everything was completed in a good time frame. I have recommended them to friends and would definitely use them again.