Mel Wilkins is a Senior Chartered Legal Executive in the Private Client Department at the Gillingham office.
Mel read English at university before entering the legal profession and studying for the CILEx qualification whilst working. As well as being a Chartered Legal Executive, Mel is a CILEx Probate Practitioner, a full member of STEP (Society for Trust and Estate Practitioners) and a full accredited member of SFE (Solicitors for the Elderly).
Mel has been working in Private Client law since 1997, and is experienced in acting for families and charities, specialising in:
- Drafting wills and trusts
- The preparation and registration of Lasting Powers of Attorney
- The registration of Enduring Powers of Attorney
- Estate Administration
- Inheritance and tax planning
- Applications to the Court of Protection, including applications for Deputyship
- Advising families regarding how to provide for vulnerable beneficiaries
- Working with charities by assisting with estate administration and maximising legacy income
The Private Client Department is headed up by Fiona Thomas who has overall responsibility for the work of the department.
Although Mel has lived in Dorset for most of her life, she and her family have recently moved to North Dorset. In her spare time, Mel enjoys researching her family history links to the local area, yoga, reading and walking.
I wanted to write and thank you and your team. Your professionalism, expertise, experience and patience with me has been completely wonderful. Your advice has transformed my life and most importantly my daughters lives for the better. I cannot thank you enough.