Natasha joined Farnfields in 2015 and works within the Private Client Department. Natasha has a Law Degree from Bournemouth University and attained a Distinction in her LPC (Legal Practice Certificate) from Bournemouth University. She has continued with her studies and recently achieved her STEP Certificate in Trusts and Estates (Distinction with the highest score in England and Wales) and a STEP Diploma in Administration of Estates (Distinction).
Natasha has been dealing with Private Client work since 2015 and specialises in:
- Wills – preparation of Wills to include setting up Trusts and providing Inheritance Tax Advice
- Lasting Powers of Attorney – preparation and registration of Lasting Powers of Attorney for Property & Financial Affairs and Health & Welfare to include revoking Enduring Powers of Attorney
- Deputyship Applications – preparation and issuing at Court
- Administration of Trusts – setting up or winding up Trusts
- General Affairs – dealing with day-to-day affairs of elderly clients
Some recent examples of her work include:
- Wills – reviewing client’s Wills which include Nil Rate Band Discretionary Trusts and replacing with Life Interest Trusts. The Life Interest Trusts have less administration involved and benefit from the new Residence Allowance (unlike the Nil Rate Band Discretionary Trust), whilst still protecting assets from care home fees.
- Lasting Powers of Attorney – revoking Enduring Power of Attorney for Property & Financial Affairs and preparing Lasting Powers of Attorney for Property & Financial Affairs and Health & Welfare. The Lasting Powers of Attorney can be registered whilst the client has capacity so there is no delay in their use and also deal with health and welfare (whereas the Enduring Power of Attorney does not).
- Estate and Trust – obtaining a Grant of Probate in the Estate, dealing with the Administration of the Estate and setting up or winding up a Nil Rate Band Discretionary Trust.
The Private Client Department is headed up by Susan Lacey who has overall responsibility for the work of the department.
In her spare time, Natasha enjoys travelling and has done so extensively to various destinations including Orlando, Miami, New York, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Turkey, Egypt, Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Mexico, Spain, Tenerife, France & Monaco. Natasha also enjoys horse riding and has previously participated in a Mounted Games Gymkhana.
Natasha had time and patience with me explaining several times it is necessary, I would work with her again given the opportunity and need.