Nigel joined Farnfields Dispute Resolution Department in 2020, dealing primarily with civil and employment dispute resolution as a Senior Associate Solicitor. Nigel has a BA Hons in Philosophy. He is a member of the Law Society and the Agricultural Law Association. Nigel has wide-ranging experience having been a Partner at a Dorset law firm over many years and more recently as Solicitor in a Wiltshire law firm.
Nigel specialises in:
- General dispute resolution
- Disputes relating to wills, trusts and probate
- Professional negligence claims
- Disputes relating to co-ownership of property
- Adverse possession claims
- Boundary and rights of way disputes
- Company partnership disputes
- Employment claims, including unfair dismissal, discrimination, victimisation, whistleblowing and wrongful dismissal
- Restraint of trade claims
- Settlement agreements and finally
- Landlord and tenant disputes
Some recent examples of his work include:
- Issued proceedings and negotiated a successful settlement on the mediation of a claim under the Inheritance (Provision for Family and Dependents) Act 1975
- Issued proceedings and negotiation of a claim between co-owners under the Trusts of Land and Appointment of Trustees Act
- Acted on a boundary dispute dealt with in the First Tier Tribunal which settled after negotiation
- Representation of a client at mediation involving the First Tier Tribunal over a Land Registry dispute regarding the registration of a restriction to protect clients interest
- Obtaining a County Court Judgement for damages in a disputed claim under the Commercial Agents (Council Directive) Regulations 1993
- Won a contested claim for unfair dismissal and/or redundancy in the Employment Tribuna
Nigel’s interests include football, cricket, music, reading, film, travel and photography.
I would like to thank you for your time and all the feedback you gave me – it was invaluable to me to be able to talk things through with such a knowledgeable and approachable third party and to be able to find closure. I am now comfortable on the matter.