Rachel joined Farnfields in 2022, dealing primarily with Planning, Highways, Local Government and Property Law. Rachel has an BA (Hons) Degree in French with English Literature, Postgraduate Diplomas in Law and Legal Practice, and a Masters Degree (LLM) in Public Law.
Rachel specialises in:
- Agricultural land and buildings, including permitted development barn conversions and agricultural ties by condition and s106
- Existence and extent of competing highway and private rights and boundaries
- Highway diversion and stopping up (including footpaths)
- Issue and revocation of certificates of lawful use
- Development agreements, such as section 106 planning obligations, section 104 sewer, and section 38 and 278 highways, works agreements
- Local authority and ombudsman complaints, human rights issues, judicial review
- Governance of parish, district, county and unitary councils
Rachel’s interests include art, literature and family life.