David joined Farnfields in June 2017, he is primarily based at our Gillingham, Dorset office and also works from Farnfields’ other offices in Warminster, Shaftesbury and Sturminster Newton. David obtained his qualification in law CPE (PGDipLaw) from Northumbria University at Newcastle and studied and achieved his LPC from the College of Law in York. He also has an MA in Geography from Glasgow University. David is a member of the Employment Law Association
David is an experienced litigator with over 10 years experience and specialises in employment and property disputes including:
- Disciplinary issues
- Redundancy situations and process
- Tribunal claims
- Equality Act 2010
- Settlement / compromise agreements
- Boundary disputes
- Landlord and tenant disputes
- Right of way disputes
- Adverse possession
- Other property litigation
Some recent examples of David’s work includes:
- Advising on an employment tribunal claim regarding complex and various discrimination claims, an unfair dismissal action and a constructive dismissal dispute.
- Advising on various landlord and tenants disputes, including validity of service of break clauses in leases (commercial and residential), right of way and boundary disputes.
David is a member of the Litigation department which is headed up by Lucy Milton-Downes who has overall responsibility for the work of the department. Please follow this link and search for Lucy Milton-Downes, Partner for more information.
In his spare time David enjoys reading, swimming and exploring the Dorset countryside with his family.