I joined Farnfields in 2017. I deal primarily with Commercial Property and specialise in:
- Buying and selling commercial premises (shops, industrial units, pubs, offices)
- Acting on development site sales and acquisitions including option agreements, conditional contracts, overage and pre-emption agreements relating to development sites and larger commercial projects incorporating development agreements.
- Advising on Commercial leases – (acting for either Landlord or Tenant) in relation to public houses, offices, retail units, industrial units
- Assisting my Company Commercial Colleagues in dealing with property matters in business sales and purchases
- Dealing with bank and building society refinancing
- Advising on land transactions with and for Charities
Some recent examples of my work include:
- Acting for a Commercial Developer Client in their purchase of land which they then developed with offices and industrial units. I set up the Estate and acted on the sales and leases of the units and set up the management company for the communal areas.
- Acted for a Developer Client who has taken an option over a block of flats which he is applying for planning permission to demolish and construct a larger block of flats on.
- I have acted for a local museum trust whose premises are in the process of being re-developed agreeing the development agreement with the builder and the local authority and the new lease documents for when the premises are ready to re-occupy.
In my spare time, I enjoy spending any free time with my family, going on walks and to the cinema and the theatre. I love watching football and am a member of the National Trust and English Heritage.