Penny Munro joined Farnfields in 2006 in the Private Client department. She left in 2008 to have her son and then returned to the firm in 2012. Penny has a BSc in Zoology from the University College, London, an MA in Law from Bristol University and achieved a commendation in her Legal Practice Course from the College of Law in York.
Penny has 17 years experience of Private Client law and specialises in:
- Drafting wills and the protection of assets for tax and residential care purposes
- Estate administration
- Trust Administration
- Preparing Lasting Powers of Attorney
- Registrations of Enduring Powers of Attorney
- Court of Protection Work
Some recent examples of her work include:
- The preparation of a will for a client to replace his Hong Kong will, considering his domicile and the process for resealing the Grant of Probate in Hong Kong. Penny prepared Lasting Powers of Attorney and was instructed by the executors in the estate administration, which included instructing solicitors in Hong Kong to assist with the estate administration out there.
- Assisting attorneys under a Lasting Power of Attorney to make an application to the Court of Protection for authority to make a lifetime gift of £325,000 to mitigate Inheritance Tax which was accepted by the Court.
- Dealing with a large agricultural estate following the death of a farmer
The Private Client department is headed up by Susan Lacey who has overall responsibility for the work of the department. Please follow this link and search for Susan Lacey, Senior Partner for more information.
In her spare time, Penny enjoys spending time with her children, running and can often be found after work pounding the treadmill in her garage. She also enjoys reading, horse riding, spending time at the beach and has recently taken up waterskiing.